Last Updated on March 28, 2020 by Jude Simeone
The new Polar Ignite is a nice looking fitness smartwatch, now on sale at Amazon for a very reasonable price considering its enormous fitness tracking features. The Ignite is the latest offering from Polar – A top brand in the smartwatch industry making serious headways with the likes of the Vantage series.
Here’s the full specifications of the Ignite – A stylish and classy fitness smartwatch with lots of fitness tracking features, that also boasts of a long battery life that makes it a comprehensive fitness tracker, and a great choice for pro athletes and hikers.
Polar Ignite Full Specifications
WHERE TO BUY
|Device name||Polar Ignite|
|Device type||Fitness/Sport Smartwatch|
|Released date||June, 2019|
|Display type||IPS Transflective LCD|
|Display size||1.2 inch|
|Display resolution||240 x 240 pixels|
1 physical button
|Dimension||43 x 43 x 8.5 mm|
|Casing material||Glass fiber reinforced polymer|
|Strap/band material||TPU (Black and silver)
Silicone (other colors)
|Bezel Material||Stainless steel|
|Screen protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 3|
|Water resistant/Protection||Yes, 3ATM|
|Memory card slot||No|
|Heart rate monitoring||Yes|
|Menstrual cycle tracking||No|
|Under-water heart rate tracking||No|
|On-screen workout modes||No|
|Preloaded sport modes||Yes|
|Heart rate monitor (HRM)||Yes|
|Operating system (OS)||_|
|Type of battery||Non-removable Li-ion battery|
|Battery life||GPS and wrist-based heart rate: 17 hrs
Watch mode with heart rate: Up to 5 days
|Charging type||USB cradle|
|Charging time||About 1-2 hours|
|Battery saver mode||Yes|
|Compatibility||Android and iOS|
|Companion app||Polar Flow app|
|Customizable watch face||Yes|
|Interchangeable band||Yes, 22mm|
|Polar Vantage M|
|Quick start guide|
|NOTE: We can't guarantee that all the information on this table are 100% correct. Read full disclaimer. Please, report an error.|
Polar Ignite Features
- A Stylish Fitness Smartwatch – Design
- Impressive Battery Life
- Waterproof Rating
- Activity/Fitness Tracking
The Polar Ignite is a very stylish looking smartwatch and for a fitness smartwatch its added advantage. You can wear it to the gym or to the office, and it’ll still look nice. It has all the nice attributes of what a fitness smartwatch should be.
The Ignite has a 1.2 inch TFT LCD display that’s very bright and easy to read outdoors. Although not the best of picture quality when compared to the more interactive AMOLED, but for a fitness smartwatch that’s a great choice for outdoor activity tracking, you’ll find it easy to catch a glimpse while on the go as the screen is easy to read under sunlight.
It also has one of the slimmest designs seen so far. I must emphasize, the Ignite at 8.5mm thick is slimmer than the Apple Watch Series 4 at 10.7mm, and also slimmer than the Galaxy Watch Active at 10.5mm.
And, in addition, the Ignite weighs just 35 grams including the silicone straps that are interchangeable just in case you wish to redefine your look. You should comfortably wear this device all day long.
It has an astonishing design with the glass fiber reinforced polymer and a thin stainless bezel that leaves it with a very decent appearance – One of the reasons I’d recommended the Ignite as a great choice for women.
The screen featuring Corning Gorilla glass ensures the Ignite can survive some harder knocks in case of accidental falls.
Following in the footsteps of the Vantage series, the Ignite also has an impressively long battery life that lets you go long on a single charge. It comes with a rather low battery capacity that will see you through just about 4-5 days on mixed usage.
And in training with GPS and heart rate tracking, it’s about 17 hours which is quite great and should cover for extreme workout activities. A major reason the Ignite is a great choice for hikers.
Rated 3ATM, the Ignite is water resistant up to 3 meters. It safe to wear it to the pool or perhaps to the ocean, and coupled with the swim-tracking features that include detection of swimming style, pace, distance, heart rate, strokes and rest time, it’s no doubt a great choice for avid swimmers.
However, you shouldn’t subject the Polar Ignite to high pressure such as diving as this might cause the device to misbehave.
The Ignite is loaded with lots of fitness tracking features that include over 100 sport modes to choose from. For the basics, it can track your pace, distance, routes with the inbuilt GPS, while also being able to track your heart rate helping you see your pace and intensity.
So, whether you choose to train indoor on your treadmill, elliptical or outdoors, the Ignite has got you covered, offering lots of tracking features that no doubt make this device a comprehensive activity tracker.
It also can track your steps, calories, complete sleep stages, and a slew of other fitness tracking features that includes;
- Nightly Recharge: Shows you how well you’ve recovered from your day during the night.
- Running Power: Measures the external load of your running sessions on your muscle, thus giving you a comprehensive insight onto the intensity of your running sessions.
- Serene Breathing: This feature helps return you to calm after a stressfull day with the help of a guilded breathing session
- Activity Guide: The Ignite motivates you to stay active by giving you personalized activity goals for the day that encourages you to keep moving. Thereby, helping you stay fit.
- Sleep Plus: Helps in boosting your recovery performance by automatically detecting the timing, amount, and quality of your sleep.
- Training Load Pro: Quantifies the strain from each training session, and help you see how your training strains the different part of your body, helping increase your productivity ensuring you achieve more, but don’t break down.
- Running Index: An estimation of your maximal oxygen uptake (VO2max) in running – a score that lets you see how efficient your running training is and how you can improve your maximal aerobic running performance
- Running Program: a personal and adaptive training plan that is based on your individual metrics. It adapts along the way, learning about you from your workout data.
- Swim Metrics: The Vantage V detects your heart rate, swimming style, distance, pace, and resting time, giving you a comprehensive insight into your swimming activities.
- Fitness Spark: A new feature only available on the Ignite for now, offers ready-made workouts that match your recovery and training history.
And, if your gym works with the Polar Club group heart rate system, you can use the Ignite to display your heart rate on the screen.
The Ignite is also equipped to ensure you never miss important updates that matters to you. With Bluetooth smart onboard and compatible with both Android and iOS devices, the Ignite will alert you when there is a new notification on your phone.